This hearty and healthy salad is great as a side or as a light meal. If you’d like to add some protein stir in a drained can of tuna in oil when you add the beans. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ lb fingerling potatoes (Yukon Golds or new potatoes are also great)
- 1 lb green beans, stalk ends trimmed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ¾ cup green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp BRÜ mustard, German Rauchbier flavour
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl whisk together BRÜ mustard, vinegar, mayonnaise, olive oil and salt until smooth.
- Boil potatoes in well-salted water until tender when pierced with a knife, time will vary depending on type of potato used. Drain and let cool.
- Boil green beans in well-salted water until tender, drain and rinse in cold water until fully cooled. Slice into 1” pieces and add to bowl.
- Rinse peas and add to bowl along with parsley and green onion.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle slice into bite size pieces and add to bowl. Using a large spoon gently toss salad to combine. Add black pepper to taste and add more salt if needed. If time allows let sit 30 minutes and re-toss before serving. Salad is best eaten within 3 days.
Serves 6 as a side.