This is one of our favourite seasonal salads; when the weather gets cold the beets get roasted! If you have Feta or fresh goat cheese in the refrigerator crumble some on top for another layer of flavour.
- 10 small beets, roasted, peeled and quartered
- 4 handfuls of arugula
- ½ a medium fennel bulb, sliced thinly
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced crosswise, about ½” thick
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted if desired
- Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp BRÜ Belgian Abbey Ale mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- In a small bowl whisk together mustard, salt, juice and vinegar to combine. Whisk in olive oil to combine, set vinaigrette aside.
- In a medium bowl toss the quartered beets together with half of the vinaigrette. Place an equal handful of arugula on 4 plates. Top with dressed beets, then top with sliced fennel, orange slices and garnish with olives.
- Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over the 4 plates. If needed drizzle with a little extra olive oil.